Monday, November 23, 2015

Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Oh what fun the Johnson/Sterling clan had in Pigeon Forge this weekend! We stayed in a cabin Friday and Saturday night together and no one was pushed down the mountain, so the trip was a success.


Our fun Friday was filled with some great shopping prices at Tanger Outlet stores and lots and lots of go cart racing. Did I mention that I don't like go carts? The fact that my own safety is in my hands just kills me, although I was not a fan of just watching either. So I participated and had a lot of fun! I didn't always come in last place either. We ended our Friday night with carryout pizza and a LONG trip up the mountain to find our cabin (scary). Not to mention we participated in some good almost clean family fun night in playing Tapple (thank you Bobby Bones). Although a few punches might have been thrown no one was killed, so there's a plus. 


Our Saturday was even more fun filled! We had pancakes for breakfast made by Ben and thanksgiving lunch prepared by Heath and Regina and Mallory and maybe Ben too I don't exactly know. Ham, Turkey, dressing, noodles, macaroni and summer sausage all make for a great lunch. 


 We got to have a wonderful photo shoot out on our balcony which the boys just loved! Regina had us coordinate and all wear our Ivory Ella shirts that help save elephants! These comfort colored shirts are cute and go to a great cause.


Up next on our Saturday Agenda included this awesome Alpine coaster all through the mountains. you control the breaks yourself so watch out bumping other people! Austin and I just happened to have a woman and her child in front of us so we didn't get to go as fast as we would have liked. But it is still a super fun and beautiful ride through the mountains!


After some arcade games in Gatlinburg and the hilarious moments of Heath, Macey, and Mallory taking an old time photo, which i'm not allowed to post on here because of their embarrassment, we set off on a tour around Gatlinburg to see some... Drum roll here... CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. 


I didn't get any great photos, this was the best I could do! To busy trying to pay attention to everything, also my phone is terrible. After I get to go to Opryland hotel I can officially mark "see Christmas lights" off of my holiday bucket list! When our Saturday night fun was over we were all pretty pooped and just wanted some sleep! This weekend was was one for the books and I absolutely love starting new traditions! 


Thanks for reading about my family fun filled weekend! 
Yay for almost Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays! 


1 comment: